Most gluten free stuffing recipes are made with gluten free bread. There are a lot of great gluten free breads out there, but sometimes I just don’t want another heavy dish on my Thanksgiving plate. This recipe is made with cauliflower instead of bread and you will LOVE it! I promise.
Stuffing also normally has a ton of butter. This recipe is totally dairy free and has no oil or butter at all!
Change up the recipe by adding dried cranberries, apricots or some dried fruit to make it a little sweeter! Be creative!
Cauliflower Sausage Stuffing
3 Links Italian Chicken Sausage, Removed From Casing
1/2 Cup Onion, Diced
1/2 Cup Celergy, Diced
1/2 Cup Carrot, Diced
5 Cups Cauliflower, Cut In Small Florets
1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup CHicken Stock
1/4 Cup Candied Pecans (From Trader Joes) or Pecan Pieces, Roughly Chopped
- In a large dutch oven pot or cast iron skillet brown the sausage over medium heat.
- When the sausage is cooked and brown add the onion, celery and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, poultry seasoning, salt and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 7 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from the heat and add candied pecans.